Olde World Five Piece Dining Set.
The high traditional design of Old World is inspired primarily by classic European styles of antiquity. Clearly influenced by the later Renaissance period, which featured enrichment of ornament and outline, Old World reflects the elaborate details of the French and English translation of this significant architectural movement. As Roman design standards like columns and pilasters were applied to furniture, a full complement of bases, cornices and pediments emerged, transforming cabinets, dressers and other case pieces into scaled-down architectural compositions.
- The beautifully crafted veneer work on the tops and fronts of most pieces is created by artistic use of cathedral cherry and exotic avodire veneers set off by fine herringbone inlay.
- Sculptural acanthus leaf carvings adorn the canted pilasters of the case pieces.
- Case fronts are highlighted by a carved frame molding in a rhythmic Lamb’s tongue motif.
- A traditionally styled bracket foot with gadrooned lobes and acanthus scroll carving gives the feeling of a pedestal seeming to push the cases upward, while serving as a sturdy anchor.
- (1) Dining Table- Width: 45.0″ x Length: 76″-112″ x Height: 30.0″
- (4) Side Chairs- Width: 24.0″ x Depth: 24.0″ x Height: 45.0″